Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Well-spent Saturday

Finally my off-day is here! & this is the even week, so there's no half-day work on Saturday!

Ever since Intern started, Saturday has become my dating day. Thank God that JY's work is also based on office-hours and not the night shift like banquet style, we have common time to meet up. Our off-days are pretty much the same. Had the plan to dye + trim when we arranged to meet @ Orchard area. Yes, I still visited the salon named Gataomo. Yes you didn't see it wrongly, it's the meaning of "Cut hair" in hokkien. 

Details
14 Scotts Road, Far East Plaza
#04-79 Singapore 228213
Tel: 6733-6451
Opening Hours: Mon - Sun 11am to 9pm

During the process of dyeing & trimming, I didn't snap any photos because my face shape looks so huge when my hair is combed all the way to the back (without any side fringe) plus it's really damn awkward for me to take when the hairstylist is just behind you. Yep, & i'm satisfied with the end result even though it cost me $135 (Dye, cut and treatment)


Actually it doesn't look like there's any difference due to the camera effect. WELL, I dislike camera without any filter. IT SUCKS. So the stubborn me continued to use camera360 app. Am loving my new hair colour because on my left side, there's a ash green colour! JUST LIKE THOSE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HIGHLIGHT A FEW STRANDS OF THEIR HAIR. 
This photo is taken with camera WITHOUT FILTER. (it doesnt affect me because my face isn't reflected)

The photo doesnt look obvious or maybe I should use flash, but whatever because i'm loving my hair so I dont have the need to flaunt on my blog LOL. For the colour, I told my hairstylist, Edwin, that I wanted to try ASH. I want the result to be pretty loud. So I dont really know about the exact colour he mixed for me, I leave the decision to him. I like giving decisions to my hairstylist because I want them to know that I trust them & I shall leave my hair fate in their magic hands~

& yes, I didn't regret telling him mix for me in the end! JY even had his haircut too, he is very satisfied with his new hairstyle. Buey tahan the way he kept on flaunting while we're otw to Takashimaya aftermath.

Sadly, he doesn't have the skill of styling his hair himself. He needs a pro to help him then he'll be grinning from ear to ear. Simply love to see the confidence he has today!

P.S. I'm not holding onto any sponsorship of all the places I've visited and shared it on my blog. Therefore, all my opinon & reviews are 100% genuine, you don't have to doubt my words. The big negative factor of reviewing something (bloggers are sponsored) is doubting of their words. Seriously, everybody who are given a chance to receive something will free in exchange for reviewing their product on their blog WILL definitely sing millions of praises. So I don't really trust the bloggers views, I'd rather read those unpopular blogs that paid for the product. At least they don't have to oblige and write positive reviews.

I really love Gataomo's customer service, though I don't know if other hairstylist offer the same standard of service as Edwin does. He is really gentle to my hair and even JY commented that he is a very friendly guy. You know there are certain hairstylists/hairdressers who are extremely annoying/makes you feel awkward:

1) Talks too much & you have no idea how to keep the conversation going. You can't 100% ignore him/her because your hair is in their hands.

2) Cracks (cold) jokes but unfortunately you don't find it funny. However, you gotta give a fake laughter to continue the conversation.

3) Don't know when to stop talking. For instance, asking you questions when they are using the hairdryer. HELLO, I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

4) They had a tough life in their past. The amount of strength they use while combing/washing your hair is +100% of what they originally have. 

5) Lazy hairstylist when it comes to washing of your hair. They just simply rinse your hair, apply shampoo and DID NOT BOTHER TO SCRUB/MASSAGE YOUR HEAD. 

& the most epic of all...

6) Number 1 Sales person who blabbers non-stop, saying about how shitty your hair condition is. THEREFORE, they will keep on advertising about new products e.g. Treatment, hair lotion, certain type of shampoo to protect your hair condition. 
I believe everybody had this kind of shit before, even when I had eyebrow trimming. I hate it when they offer other services/products when I dont even give a shit. Just stop talking and concentrate on my hair/eyebrow. 

Edwin isn't like that. First of all, it's not that he is very quiet to the sense whereby there's no communication. He only talks when the situation is appropriate. Furthermore, he only asks questions that are related to my hair. When he knew that I wanna dye my hair, he didn't give me the 100% assurance that "oh, your end result will look like this colour shown in the book". He told me nicely that there will be slight vary in colour due to my "rojak" hair dye. Yes, I dyed Gold, brown, Red & ash brown before I consult Edwin for a change in colour. When he was rinsing my hair, he asked if the product made my scalp itchy. I said "currently not itchy but just now while waiting for my hair to absorb the colour, it was EXTREMELY itchy but I couldnt move". He laughed & said "WHY NEVER TELL ME!!!" hahaha, see nice hairdresser isnt it! We had this conversation while he was applying shampoo, & he just automatically scrub + MASSAGE my whole head, asking me which part was itchy. OMG I think this was the BEST head massage I ever had in salon for my entire 20 years of life. I am not exaggerating.

I have a lot more to say about Edwin but I guess it'll look kinda boring here so I shall end my praises here! 

*************************************************************************************
Both of us loving our "newly-born" hair~

Since both of us are in a happy mood (chio/shuai hairstyle leads to self-confidence, followed by happy mood), we treated ourselves to Ichibanboshi! 

Surprisingly, Ichibanboshi @ Takashimaya is really good! (Or prolly there's lesser customers so their attention on us will be higher)

I always visit Great World City's Ichibanboshi & their service seriously sucks. Worst of all, 99% of their waiters/waitresses are FTFW. *dont ask me what does FT stand for. Or maybe the T doesn't suit them at all. Should be FW* 

Had Chawamushi & Tori Karaage FOC!! Because i'm a loyal customer of RE & S Enterprises Pte Ltd :P

JY ordered Chicken Katsu Curry ($12.30)
Chicken cutlet with Japanese Curry on rice, miso soup & fruit

I had Nabeyaki Udon ($12.90) aka my all-time favourite meal @ Ichiban!
Claypot noodles with tempura prawn, spring onion, diced chicken, beancurd, egg & fishcake

That simply sums up my late dinner together with JY on a Saturday night. Lovely :)
Oh & today I had a perfect eyeliner drawn on my right eye! Feeling so accomplished! This only happens 1 out of 10 times seriously.
"You are always the prettiest in my eyes" - Lin Jianyang, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment